Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dublin Irish Festival




What can I say? I haven't posted because I've been having the time of my life. Every year we enjoy the Irish Festival, but this year was even better than ever. My volunteer assignment this year was the Music Workshops, so I spent the days with other musicians, listening to performances and learning a bit about playing Irish music. This might be enough for me to get my violin back out. I even got to the genealogy area this year, which is something I've never done due to my babysitting duties.

The kids seemed to have a good time as well, as they do every year. Sarah just loves to see the dancing, and her favorite band is, surprisingly, Gaelic Storm http://gaelicstorm.musiccitynetworks.com/. She was really ticked when we left at 11, before they were done playing. Danny wanted to dance his pants off...which would be possible since he's no longer wearing diapers and everything is so loose around his waist!!

Next year, we're thinking about doing the Milwaukee Festival, which I hear is great, and I'd love to do Peoria as well. (Peoria since that's where the Dunlea side of our family lived, or at least I think!!) We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: