Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Adventures of Zubin Mehta


Zubin's last few days have been very exciting, no doubt. He has been on adventures I can only imagine. For those of you who don't know, he has run away twice in 3 days, and both times he was gone long enough that we feared he was gone forever. Both times, good people have found him, picked him up, brought him home, and LOVED him. He has been swimming in the golf course ponds, running through fields, playing with other dogs, sleeping with new people in various homes....and God only knows what else. I think people were better to him than they would be with a lost child.

It is so sad, yet so fitting, that he will end this way. He has lived a good life, and has been the best pet I can imagine. But his time has come. He can't control his bladder anymore, he limps everywhere even with pain medication, and his ears are constantly filling up with fluid. Not to mention the growths that are back in his eyes, causing his eyes to water and be flaming red continuously. It is time. We are devastated. Please be thinking of us as we spend our last weekend together with him.

2 comments:

ADavis said...

No, I am so sorry I love Zuban. I hope Sara and Danny take it well. They can have a little pug I know. Just kidding we are getting to love Otis even though he is chewing and peeing on everything.

KDavis said...

Dad and I will miss "Mr White Face" He's such a gentle dog - not an alpha - happy being one of the pack! We're thinking of your family this weekend. Love you!