Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Germany and Other Stuff



Having dropped off the face of the planet for about 2 weeks, I'm ready to get back into things. The world is dragging me, kicking and screaming, back to reality. We have been back for almost a week, but it already feels like a million years ago that we were in Europe. I will try to post each day, but we'll see how that goes.


For now, I'll just tell about our first day. My plane arrived at about 12:30 pm, which put us at our hotel (after renting a car and finding our way) at about 4 pm. We decided to go to a restaurant for a beer, then to Oktoberfest. I did not wear my dirndl, as it was WAY too cold, and I needed a sweater. We stayed for about 15 minutes! Steve says that it's very different inside the tents, but when you arrive late, you can't get into a tent...not even to stand! So, I did not drink a beer at Oktoberfest. I think that I'm spoiled by the Dublin Irish Festival....


We did go back to Solln, where we were staying, and had a good dinner of German cuisine ( I know, that's stretching it a bit) and then I crashed while Steve worked on his computer.


Since returning home, we've been preparing for Halloween and autumn. Danny had a little fall festival for preschool that the kids really enjoyed. What could be better than hayrides and choosing your own pumpkin?

No comments: