Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Davis Family Reunion



This weekend was the reunion for my dad's side of the family, which is always quite an event. This time my parents had it at the poolhouse of their marina. We had enough food for about 5,000 people. All of the siblings were there, totaling 7, plus their kids and some grandkids too.

The kids all had a blast playing ball, playing with fire, and throwing rocks in the river. Danny tried to fall into the fire, but thanks to my Aunt Judy's quick reflexes, he is fine. (I was too busy making smores to notice that he fell...oops) I wish that we could do this event annually, as I always feel so out of touch with everyone when we see them.

We went to Kalahari again and stayed there along with my two brothers. We had a good time, but the kids were all really tired. I think that we were tired too! That place is just so cool, and the waterslides are incredible. It's like the Cedar Point of indoor waterparks. I even got to try one of the "real" slides this time. This is just more evidence that my kids are growing up...I get to act like a real person occasionally.

No comments: