Thursday, June 12, 2008

Check!

I can't get my projects done, and here's why. I am distracted by other wonderful things to do during the course of the day. Yesterday, it was strawberry picking and making and canning preserves. The day before that, it was homemade pizzas. Tonight, more preserves, this time for the freezer. It is so satisfying to cook and have others enjoy the fruits of your labor. Much more satisfying than painting the downstairs. In fact, I would rather go pick 10 more quarts of berries and eat them until I blow up. Maybe I will.

So the check? I learned to make strawberry preserves, and they are good. I also FINALLY made a good pizza crust, thanks to Alice Waters. All of her recipes are incredible, and very easy to follow. (They are not for measurers, though!!!)

No comments: